Here’s a look at the week ahead on our “Sunday Morning” Calendar:
On Monday, the House Intelligence Committee holds its first public hearing into alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election. FBI Director James Comey is among the witnesses.
- Open Hearing on Russian Active Measures Investigation, 1100 Longworth Building, March 20 at 10:00 a.m. ET; Watch on C-SPAN or via streaming on CBSN
- Democratic super PAC goes after Trump’s Russia connections (CBS News, 03/16/17)
- Dems cry WH interference as House Intel committee probes Trump-Russia ties (“CBS Evening News,” 02/27/17)
- Trump team reportedly had repeated contact with Russian intelligence before election (“CBS This Morning,” 02/15/17)
- Senate intelligence panel to examine possible campaign links with Russia (01/14/17)
- Top U.S. intel officials say election hacking part of “multifaceted” Russian effort (CBS News, 01/05/17)
Tuesday is World Puppetry Day, a celebration of a timeless art form.
- Union Internationale de la Marionnette (UNIMA)
- Puppeteers seek to revitalize the library experience (“CBS Evening News,” 10/04/14)
- The stage magic behind “War Horse” (“Sunday Morning,” 06/05/12)
- Gallery: The World Puppet Carnival 2013
On Wednesday, nominations for the 44th annual Daytime Emmy Awards will be announced right here on CBS’ “The Talk.”
- Daytime Emmys (National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences)
Thursday’s the day for the release of the U.S. Census Bureau’s latest population estimates for counties and metropolitan areas.
- U.S. Census Bureau (census.gov)
- The latest statistics (including total population, births, deaths, and domestic and international migration) will be available on census.gov via American FactFinder, QuickFacts and the Population Estimates Program website.
Friday is World Tuberculosis Day, dedicating to fighting a preventable and curable disease that nonetheless killed an estimated 1.8 million people worldwide as recently as 2015.
- World TB Day 2017 (CDC)
- World TB Day (WHO)
- Stop TB Partnership
- What is tuberculosis? (WebMD)
- Drug-resistant bugs flourish in America’s aging water systems (CBS News, 09/23/16)
And Saturday evening brings Earth Hour, when landmarks, skylines, businesses and private homes around the world turn their lights off for one hour to focus attention on climate change.