Last Updated Sep 30, 2011 6:19 PM EDT
- Nike's "Just do it" slogan came from firing squad robber Gary Gilmore
Sneaker company tweaked Gilmore's famous last words, "Let's do it." Gilmore donated his eyes to science, inspiring the 1977 hit "Gary Gilmore's Eyes" by ... The Adverts. How circular is that?
- JC Penney airs ridiculously sexist "Fast Times" spot Consists entirely of the Phoebe Cates pool scene. It's like they're not even trying anymore.
- Peter Arnell's beachhouse is for sale It's $22 million. You've got to economize when you're unemployed.
- Nyan Cat, the heavy metal version
Watch this guy totally shred the YouTube anthem that ought to be a licensing goldmine.
- How porn sites hijack mainstream advertising dollars
It's complicated ...
- Greenpeace paints ad on melting ice floe to demonstrate global warming
The habitat of the Vitruvian Man is endangered by climate change, apparently.
- Creepy Russian cigarette brand targets teen girls
Fellatio, teens and tobacco. All the campaign lacked was dogfighting, I guess.
- Sex toy company wants to advertise on U.S. TV
Don't hold your breath. Channels tend to turn down this kind of money.
- In press releases, everyone is always "excited"
One man's campaign to reform the cliches of PR.
- Ohio churches stage billboard battle over whether God likes gays Note that Lamar (LAMR) took sold space to both sides of the debate.
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of August
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of July
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of June
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of May
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of April
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of March
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories of February
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories in January
- The Top 10 Weirdest Ad Stories in December
- The 10 Worst Ads of 2010