(CBS News) Your blogger here is about to take a trip down to Texas for the holidays. Hold on now, before you start to worry or cry, let me reassure you. I'll continue to post all the great material you've come to known and love here on The Feed while I'm away from the office, along with the help of some of my colleagues. But before I fly out, I think it's only fair that I provide you all with a little trip of your own in the form of some music that vicariously takes you 'round the world above.
The wide-ranging performance entitled "'Round the World in 18 Songs" was done by one of our favorites here at The Feed, CDZA (short for Collective Cadenza), who played the set live recently at Google Zeitgeist 2012. They write about this latest work of experimental music and list of songs:
CDZA had the honor of performing at Google Zeitgeist, the annual intellectual summit held in Arizona. A global medley for global people.
1) New Orleans - Saints Go Marching In
2) Jamaica - Stir it Up, Bob Marley
3) Peru - A traditional Peruvian melody
4) Argentina - Por una Cabeza
5) Ghana - Atwer Abroba by Ebo Taylor
6) Spain - Traditional Spanish melody
7) Ireland - Rickett's Hornpipe
8) Italy - Paganini Caprice #24
9) Germany - Bach Prelude to Cello Suite #1
10) Hungary - [http://www.andyerupts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/displayimage1.jpg]
11) Turkey - A traditional Turkish melody
12) Israel - Hava Nagila
13) North Pole - duhhhhh
14) South Korea - Gan
15) China - Galloping Horses (A traditional Chinese melody)
16) Australia - Down Under by Men at Work
17) My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
Obviously item #10 on the list is just a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun. Yet another wonderful performance from a group all of us here at The Feed love, and who have earned another big triple-rainbow salute of musical excellence! And if you'd like to check out more amazing work from CDZA, be sure to click here to see our previous posts or you can click here to go to their website.
18) Sweet Home Chicago by Blues Brothers