Last Updated Apr 8, 2009 5:19 PM EDT
CEO Adrian Adams (pictured) saw his pay jump 44 percent from $4.5 million to $6.5 million. Former chairman Timothy Barberich saw his total compensation go up 22 percent from $4.9 million to $6 million.
Here's the summary table:
- Name, 2008 pay, 2007 pay
- CEO Adrian Adams, $6.5 million, $4.5 million
- Ex-chairman Tim Barberich, $6 million, $4.9 million
- Ex-CFO David Southwell, $898,000, $2.2 million
- EVP R&D Mark Corrigan, $3.1 million, $3.5 million
- General counsel Andrew Koven, $2 million, $1.4 million
- CFO Robert Scumaci, $2.3 million, $1.9 million
- CCO Mark Iwicki, $1.9 million, $494,000 Numbers are rounded, compensation includes stocks and options whose value changes over time.
Barberich started 2009 rolling in cash. According to the Boston Business Journal, he sold $8.7 million in stock in March.
- See previous BNET stories on pharma executive compensation:
- Medicis Doubled Pay of Exec Convicted of Off-Label Sales
- Elan CEO Martin's Pay Cut by Half
- Mylan Execs Get 41% Raise; CEO Takes Company Jet on Vacation for "Security" Reasons
- Valeant Executive Pay Doubles to $19.7 Million Despite Quadrupling of Company's Losses
- Shire CEO Compensation Report Successfully Conceals CEO Compensation
- BMS Execs Get Cash Not to Ride Private Jets; 61% Pay Raise to $59 Million
- Allergan CEO Pyott Received Pay Raise to $11.9 Million
- Abbott CEO White Takes a Pay Cut
- Gilead Executive Pay: Modest Raises for Outstanding Performance
- Gilead Deal Gives CV Therapeutics CEO $8.4 Million Payday Despite Lack of Profits
- Pfizer's Kindler Got $4.2 Million Pay Raise, Despite What Business Press Says
- Pfizer Execs' Golden Parachute Is Actually a Pay Cut
- Genentech's Levinson May Have No Change-of-Control Agreement in Roche Deal
- Amgen CEO Sharer: Options? No Thanks. I'll Just Take the Cash.
- Schering CEO Hassan Has $59 Million Buyout Agreement in Merck Merger
- Merck Executive Pay: $36 million, Use of Private Jet, Cash Bonuses Despite Failures
- Eli Lilly Execs Receive $48 Million in Pay; Plus Chairman Taurel Adds $40 Million Nest Egg
- Novo Nordisk Executive Compensation: A Picture of Modesty (Except for the Car Expenses)
- As Layoffs Begin, Wyeth Execs Get $75 Million Severance Package
- How Pharma's CEO Pay Packages Measure Up