Matthew Fox's party bus accuser withdraws case

NEW YORK, NY - APRIL 25: Actor Matthew Fox attends IWC Flagship Boutique New York City Grand Opening at IWC Boutique on April 25, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Fernando Leon/Getty Images for IWC) Fernando Leon

Matthew Fox attends IWC Flagship Boutique New York City Grand Opening at IWC Boutique on April 25, 2012, in New York.
Getty

(CBS News) The Cleveland bus driver who accused actor Matthew Fox of assault has dropped her case.

Pictures: Matthew Fox
Read more: Matthew Fox allegedly assaults woman, is arrested

TMZ.com reports that Heather Bormann withdrew her lawsuit, according to legal documents.

She previously said Fox attacked her after she stopped him from boarding a party bus on Aug. 28, 2011, in Cleveland. Bormann had claimed the "Lost" star struck her in the breast, arm, leg and groin. At the time, Cleveland prosecutors reviewed the case and declined to file charges against Fox.

According to EW.com, the bus driver's lawyer withdrew from the case in April, saying Bormann "intentionally failed and refused to provide full and timely cooperation and information."

Her lawyer, J. Norman Stark, told TMZ the actor didn't pay Bormann any sort of settlement.

Fox, meanwhile, has dropped his countersuit against Bormann for defamation.

But this doesn't mean Fox's legal woes are over yet. He's due in court on June 17 after being charged with drunken driving in Oregon in May.

Comments