John Travolta: Second accuser drops lawsuit, hires Gloria Allred

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - NOVEMBER 16: John Travolta attends a dinner at BLUE Sydney celebrating Qantas' 91st Birthday and the launch of 'Platinum One', a new frequent flyer program, on November 16, 2011 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Caroline McCredie/Getty Images) Caroline McCredie

John Travolta attends a dinner celebrating Qantas' 91st birthday on Nov. 16, 2011 in Sydney, Australia.
Getty

(CBS News) The second masseur who accused John Travolta of sexual battery has dropped his lawsuit against the actor.

The unidentified man, known as John Doe No. 2, has also hired celebrity attorney Gloria Allred, Reuters reports.

Pictures: John Travolta

Allred also represents John Doe No. 1, the first masseur to accuse Travolta of inappropriate behavior. He dropped his complaint against the actor earlier this week, according to reports.

Allred said in a statement Thursday that this might not be the end of the case.

"We believe that the lawsuit should be filed in another court and, therefore, the lawsuit was dismissed without prejudice," Allred said, according to Reuters. "We will be conferring with our client regarding what will happen next in this case."

The first plaintiff had initially claimed Travolta made unwanted sexual advances during a massage appointment at a hotel in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Jan. 16, 2012. The second accuser had claimed a similar incident took place at an Atlanta hotel on Jan. 28. Both men were seeking $2 million each in punitive damages.

Travolta's attorney Martin Singer had called the plaintiffs' allegations "absurd and ridiculous." Earlier this week, Singer said Travolta was "completely vindicated" by the dismissal of John Doe No. 1's lawsuit.

  • Jessica Derschowitz

Comments