Last Updated Apr 26, 2011 5:00 PM EDT
For a woman who made her millions off of portion control, there's nothing small about her home.
Built in 1992, "The Villa" sits on over three acres of land and is a sprawling 10,029 square feet (making the price per square foot $897, if you were wondering). There are four bedrooms, four full bathrooms and three half baths in the main house. A private guest house has two bedrooms.
Exquisite details abound inside the home. The master bedroom suite includes a hand-painted mural on the ceiling and there is a similar mural inside Jenny's personal bathroom (her husband opted for a mounted television in his).
Outdoor amenities include a heated resort pool and spa, a full tennis court and a 1500 square foot "pool pavilion".
Jenny's late husband, Mr. Sidney Craig, had a historical car collection, and while most of them were auctioned off (including vintage beauties once owned by Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Clark Gable) the property still has a finished four car garage and car museum.
The home sits on a private bluff, and oversized windows throughout the home will afford the new owner breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and surrounding landscape.
In addition, the backyard overlooks Rancho Paseana Farm, Craig's 228-acre thoroughbred race horse training facility. Purchased by the horse lover in 1995, Jenny Craig listed it for sale for $29,950,000 late last spring.
According to The Real Estalker, "Rancho Santa Fe is consistently ranked among the top 3 or 4 most expensive zip codes in California and among the most expensive in all of the United States of America".
What do you think of the weight loss queen's Villa?Photos courtesy of Trulia.com
More on MoneyWatch:
- Home Improvement: Remodeling Projects with Biggest Payoff
- Most Expensive Apartment In The World?
- Most Expensive Housing Markets In America
- Top 5 Markets For Great Real Estate Deals
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Buy a $10 Million Home With Car Elevator
- Michael Jackson's Los Angeles Rental For Sale
- Dr. Phil Remembers The Alamo - and Buys $30 Million House to Prove It!
- Best Paint Colors For Every Room In Your House
- Real Housewife Star Teresa Giudice Becomes a Desperate Housewife in the Face of Bankruptcy
- Sandra Bullock's House For Sale In Orange County
- Cher's Home In Hawaii Up For Auction
- 12 Top Remodeling Trends for 2011
- Housing Prices Rebounding Here
- Tea Party: Don't Let Renters Vote
- Are You Getting Screwed by Your Lender?
- Help For Homeowners: 4 Million Homeowners Ask For Help
- Foreclosure Process Shows Mortgage Lending Isn't The Only Problem
- What Does Main Street Know That Wall Street Doesn't?
- Real Estate Crisis Continues - Non-Residential Construction to Fall 20% by End of 2010
- Jobs, Small Businesses, Payrolls, and the Economy
- Loan Modification Hell: Join The Club
- Loan Modification Hell: New Solutions To Avoid Losing Your Home
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.