- The Food and Drug Administration has created a site for anyone concerned about Fen-Phen. Here you'll find the original announcement warning of problems with the drug, as well as recommendations for what to do if you've taken it and are worried that your heart may be damaged.
- The American Heart Association has created a site devoted to diet drugs and their uses and dangers . Go to the bottom of that page for more information on how to diet safely and effectively.
- The Mayo Clinic Fen-Phen Site . The world-famous research center did the first study to suggest that the drug might cause heart disease. Find out about that study, and read an interview with the doctor who led it.
- Are you overweight? The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute has created an automatic tool to calculate your body mass index. It applies to both men and women.
- Phentermine and Fenfluramine Archive Page : This site has gathered a wide range of information on Fen-Phen and its effects. This site also the latest on weight reduction drugs that are being studied but are not yet available to the public.
- Cyberdiet. This site has everything you need to set up a sensible low-calorie diet. How many fat grams does an avocado have? It's here. How many hours do you have to vacuum your house to burn off those fat grams? That's here, too.
- If you're interested in the science behind obesity, and the latest attempts to conquer it, check out this article in Scientific American.
|The Fen-Phen investigation was a joint project between 60 Minutes II and U.S. News & World Report. Read the article in this week's magazine.|
Investigating Fen-Phen || Links
Produced by David Kohn