On Monday night, Bryan and Amstel performed a rumba that brought the audience to its feet, giving her a two-week total of 88.5 out of 90. But, viewers had the final say.
When Bryan's name was called judge Carrie Ann Inaba was in shock and host Tom Bergeron echoed the audiences' boos, saying "Week 6 sucks."
The elimination was deja vu for Bryan, who sobbed on the shoulders of other contestants as the credits rolled.
In her first appearance on "DWTS" iin autumn, 2007, Bryan, then partnered with Mark Ballas, was cut in Week 6 after judges had raved about her performance.
That elimination was arguably the most shocking in the show's history, and many fans were happy to see Bryan return. She was the favorite all-star that fans had voted on to the show this year.
Next week the remaining contestants are doing a fusion dance. Here's the lineup for next week:
- Melissa and Tony are doing tango/cha cha
- Gilles and Peta are doing Argentine Tango/samba
- Kirstie and Maks are doing the quickstep/samba
- Shawn and Derek are doing the tango/paso doble
- Emmitt and Cheryl are doing the rumba/samba
- Kelly and Val are doing the cha cha/fox trot
- Apolo and Karina are doing the cha cha/paso doble.
The night's musical guests included Taylor Swift who sang her single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together," and Jason Mraz sang an acoustic version of his single "I Won't Give Up."