Last Updated Nov 8, 2010 5:49 PM EST
My advice is to read this through, click print and keep the list stored by your computer as a helpful reminder next time you want to shop on the Web.
- Mondays: Best for buying men's and women's dress pants. The average sale is about 48 percent off.
- Mondays: Also great for purchasing sunglasses. The average discount is 55 percent.
- Tuesdays: Best for buying men's apparel. The average discount is 42 percent.
- Wednesdays: Find lowest prices on shoes. The average discount is 38 percent.
- Wednesdays: Also find best deals on kids' clothing. The average discount is around 40 percent.
- Thursdays: Best for buying women's handbags. The average discount is 36 percent.
- Fridays: Biggest sales on accessories like jewelry, belts and scarves. The average discount is 42 percent.
- Saturdays: Best sales on intimates (37 percent off) and jackets/outerwear (51 percent off).
- Sundays: Buy your swimsuits for an average 52 percent off!
Search for More Discounts
Dozens of sites like RetailMeNot and Bargainist collect promotional codes for discounts on Web purchases. To find them on your own, try Googling the name of the shopping site with the words "coupon code" or "promotion code."
Avoid Shipping and Return Costs
Many retailers offer free shipping promotions from time to time or have thresholds at which they'll ship for free. But, some of my favorite online shops such as Endless, RevolveClothing, Shopbop, and Piperlime, always offer free shipping.
Many retailers are announcing special deals to their Twitter and Facebook followers. Be sure to follow the retailers you frequent to find out as soon as a deal is announced.
More on MoneyWatch: