Last Updated Mar 24, 2009 2:27 PM EDT
BNET speculated yesterday that big stars, like Sedgwick and Lindsay Lohan, are likely to become increasingly available for ads as their stocks and real estate holdings decline in the recession. Celebrities can be vulnerable to fast-changing markets because they tend not to have traditional pension plans and because their multi-million-dollar houses are difficult to sell when the market declines.
Sedgwick specifically was a victim of the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme, which explains why a woman who has her own TV show, has starred in dozens of movies, and is married to Kevin Bacon suddenly feels a desire to shill food products.
Adding to the weirdness is the appearance of the redesigned Tropicana box in the corner of the ad. This was the box that was yanked by Tropicana after consumers said they hated it. The company, Pepsico, has returned to the traditional straw-in-orange design.
- See BNET's previous coverage of Arnell Group:
- Arnell's "Explanation" of Failed Tropicana Design Resembles His Nonsensical Pepsi Document
- In Blow to Arnell, Tropicana Drops Package Redesign
- Pepsi's Nonsensical Logo Redesign Document: $1 Million for This?
- New Pepsi Logo Seems Similar to Three Other Corporate Emblems
- Pepsi Airs First New Ads Since Switch to TBWA
- Arnell's Competitors Hate the New Pepsi Logo
- Pepsi's New $1 Million Logo Looks Like Old Diet Pepsi Logo
- Why Arnell's Peapod Electric Car Launch Will Fail