"CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King shared a few things about her life and interests with CBS News.com as the new CBS morning broadcast launched.
1. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A child psychologist or a lawyer. I've always loved hearing people's problems.
2. What's your morning routine?
This is new to me, so I'm still trying to figure it out. So far, it's two alarm clocks and a bath.
3. Which five albums would you bring with you to a desert island?
It's hard to pick five...but in no particular order...Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, Josh Groban, Drake, Bruce Springsteen, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Mary J. Blige, and John Legend. See, I told you it was hard to pick five!
4. What's your favorite comfort food?
A good old cheeseburger.
5. What's your favorite film?
Cliche I know, but I still love "Forest Gump"!
6. What's your favorite sports team?
It would be hard for me to pick a team but basketball is my favorite sport! But who do I want to want to win the championship? For sure, the Knicks!
7. What advice would you give your 18-year-old self?
Don't feel you're the only one who doesn't know what they want to major in in college. Everybody is trying to figure that out, so don't drive yourself crazy!
8. What historical figure do you most admire?
Rosa Parks. I got to meet her once and I will never forget it.
9. What was the last book you read?
The Steve Jobs biography by Walter Isaacson.
10. Finish this sentence: People would be surprised to hear that I...
... Don't like buttons! I do everything I can to try to avoid wearing them. I just don't like how they feel!Find out more about Gayle King every morning on "CBS This Morning" from 7 to 9 a.m. in your area.