Here are seven amazing facts about the game.
- By halftime Germany was leading 5-0. Those five goals were the most ever scored by one team in the first half at the World Cup.
- Germany's eventual seven goals were the most ever scored in a World Cup semifinal.
- Striker Miroslav Klose scored Germany's second goal of the game -- his 16th career World Cup goal, which makes him the leading World Cup scorer of all time, with one more than Brazil's Ronaldo.
- Germany's 7-1 win is the biggest margin of victory in a semifinal game in World Cup history. West Germany beat Austria 6-1 in 1954. The U.S. and Yugoslavia both lost their 1930 semifinals 6-1.
- The margin matched Brazil's worst defeat at home, a 6-0 loss in the Copa America to Uruguay in 1920.
- It was Brazil's first loss in a competitive match on home soil since 1975, when Peru won 3-1 at the very same Mineirao Stadium in the Copa America.
- Germany has now made it to the World Cup final for a record-breaking eighth time.