crimesider

Two-Year-Old Boy Trips on Hallucinogenic Mushrooms

(CBS / iStock Photo)
DENVER (CBS/KCNC) Denver police say a toddler is in good condition after he ingested hallucinogenic mushrooms.

The incident happened on Sunday at an apartment complex, where police say he got the drugs from a friend staying in the home.

The 24-month-old boy was rushed to the hospital after his parents called 9-1-1.

"It was a friend who was staying in the house who was sleeping on the couch," Officer Joe Ramirrez told CBS Denver affiliate KCNC-TV. "He had the mushrooms in a backpack that was accessible to the minor, and it appears that that is the way that the minor got into the mushrooms, by taking it from the backpack."

The parents have not been charged and investigators are on the lookout for that friend.

The Denver Police's child abuse unit is investigating the incident.

Story Contributed by CBS Affiliate KCNC-TV.



  • Edecio Martinez

Comments

Follow Us

Watch CBSN Live

Watch CBS News anytime, anywhere with the new 24/7 digital news network. Stream CBSN live or on demand for FREE on your TV, computer, tablet, or smartphone.