Last Updated Apr 26, 2011 5:18 PM EDT
We've shared some truly spectacular homes with you, but nothing compares to this one. It's the most expensive house in the world - a billion dollar home.
It's not completely finished in this photo, but the fully completed version doesn't look all that different. Click here to see it on the Telegraph.co.uk website. Exposed steel and glass was the desired look apparently. Very post modern. And yes, that entire thing is for one family.
Located in Mumbai, the most expensive house in the world is owned (fittingly) by the richest man in India: Mukesh Ambani, age 53. He lives in the $1 billion skyscraper mansion with his wife, three children and 600 servants.
Named Anitlla, the entire structure is 27 stories high, although to be fair the first 6 floors are a 160-car garage.
The amenities are as extravagant as they are endless, but what would you expect from the fourth richest human on the planet? The most expensive house in the world has:
- Private gym
- 50-seat movie theater
- Health spa
- Several swimming pools
- 3 helicopter pads
The big question is this: How many bedrooms are in the 37,000 square meter monolith? That's 398,264.69 square feet by the way, more space than at the Palace of Versailles.
Where would you build a billion dollar home? What would be the insane amenities you'd include?
Image courtesy: http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/lY-SBwfUElAWuErT0AJrQA
- Most Expensive Apartment In The World?
- Most Expensive Housing Markets In America
- Private Island Getaway For Sale $14.5 Million
- Top 5 Markets For Great Real Estate Deals
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Buy a $10 Million Home With Car Elevator
- Michael Jackson's Los Angeles Rental For Sale
- Dr. Phil Remembers The Alamo - and Buys $30 Million House to Prove It!
- Best Paint Colors For Every Room In Your House
- Real Housewife Star Teresa Giudice Becomes a Desperate Housewife in the Face of Bankruptcy
- Sandra Bullock's House For Sale In Orange County
- Dr. Phil's House For Sale in Beverly Hills
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Finally Sell Their Starter Home
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Can't Sell Their House Either
- Joan Rivers House Looks Better Than She Does
- Cher's Home In Hawaii Up For Auction
- 11 Kitchen And Bath Trends For 2010
- Who Bought Hugh Hefner And Playboy Wife Kim's House For $18 Million?