He's now settled in New York and over the past year and a half has opened a string of popular restaurants including BLT Steak, BLT Fish and, most recently, BLT Prime.
This Saturday, he brings his culinary skills to the Chef on a Shoestring challenge. He's agreed to prepare a meal for four on the Saturday Early Show's $40 budget. His menu? Spinach Salad; Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary; Creamed Corn Succotash; and Strawberry Bread Pudding.
The following are his recipes:
2 bunches Baby Spinach
1/2 head Radicchio
8 pieces Double-Cut Smoked Bacon
2 Beefsteak Tomatoes
1/2 cup Blue Cheese
1 small Red Onion
1/2 cup Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
- Roughly chop radicchio, dice the tomatoes and thinly slice the red onion.
- Add all vegetables to the spinach.
- Whisk the olive oil and vinegar together and season to taste.
- Gently toss the vegetables with the vinaigrette until the leaves are evenly coated.
- Crumble the bacon and blue cheese on top and serve immediately.