Last Updated Jun 1, 2009 11:59 AM EDT
Here are the advertising vendors, and the amount they are owed, on GM's list of 50 largest unsecured claims:
- Starcom MediaVest Group: $121 million
- Publicis Groupe: $25 million.
- Interpublic: $16 million
- McCann Erickson: $4.6 million
- Total: $167 million
Also of interest: In the Chrysler bankruptcy, BBDO received a huge amount of flak for being left on the hook for $58 million in unpaid debts from the client. But compared to Starcom's list of wreckage, BBDO comes out looking like a master of billing.
Meanwhile, GM launched a new commercial on how bankruptcy will, er, do nothing but good for the company.
- IPG's GM Bankruptcy Credit Line Explained
- IPG Q1: Revenues Down 10.8%; Wall Street Wants "Worst-Case" GM Scenario; Layoffs Still a Threat
- Omnicom, Publicis Worst Hit in Auto Brand Axings
- Interpublic Q4: Revenue Declines; Good News in the Details; Layoffs Still a Threat
- IPG Maximizes Pain of Layoffs Through Uncertainty
- IPG and Omnicom Downgraded by Deutsche Bank on Layoff News
- IPG to Cut Up to 2,000 Jobs; PHD Atlanta to Close
- InterPublic Loses Cash for Third Straight Quarter