(CBS/AP) ASHTABULA, Ohio - A meth lab in the room of a nursing home resident caused a fire that killed one person and injured six others, a fire chief in northeast Ohio said.
Ashtabula fire Chief Ron Pristera says the man died Monday, following the Sunday night fire at Park Haven Nursing Home.
According to The Star-Beacon, Shaun Warrens, 31, was sent to MetroHealth Burn Care Center in Cleveland, but died from his injuries Monday morning, according to the fire department's report.Police Chief Robert Stell told The Star-Beacon that drug charges are pending against two of the men who were burned. He declined to release their names until they have been charged and arraigned in municipal court.
Auditor's records show the nursing home was built in 1950 and had 31 rooms. Pristera said 39 names were on its roster.
The fire began just after 8:30 p.m. Sunday, the Star-Beacon said. Firefighters were on the scene until about 1:45 a.m. Monday.
Methamphetamine is a highly addictive illegal stimulant often cooked in homes with flammable components. State officials say more than 300 meth labs were broken up last year.