Last Updated Apr 26, 2011 9:23 PM EDT
Located in the super-exclusive Holmby Hills area of Los Angeles, the last residence of the King of Pop is being listed at $28.9 million.
The Real Estalker reports that the lavish Richard-Landry-designed home on North Carolwood Drive has 17,000 square foot, seven bedrooms and 13 bathrooms mansion.
Jackson rented it for $100,000 a month.
Built in 2002 the French Chateau-style house includes a library, theater room, wine cellar, gym, elevator and 12 fireplaces. The home, situated on 1.26 acres, is owned by Roxanne and Hubert Guez - current CEO of the Ed Hardy brand.
According to TMZ.com, interested buyers will be put through an "extensive pre-qualifying check" before being allowed inside in an attempt to keep fans out.
But I think the most likely buyer might be a Michael Jackson fan - albeit one who has a whole lot of cash.
- Dr. Phil Remembers The Alamo - and Buys $30 Million House to Prove It!
- Real Housewife Star Teresa Giudice Becomes a Desperate Housewife in the Face of Bankruptcy
- Sandra Bullock's House For Sale In Orange County
- Dr. Phil's House For Sale in Beverly Hills
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Finally Sell Their Starter Home
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Can't Sell Their House Either
- Joan Rivers House Looks Better Than She Does
- Cher's Home In Hawaii Up For Auction
- 11 Kitchen And Bath Trends For 2010
- Who Bought Hugh Hefner And Playboy Wife Kim's House For $18 Million?
- What Can You Buy For $950,000?
- What Can You Buy For $625,000?
- What Can You Buy For $250,000?
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.