Joe Francis arrives at the JT-TV launch party in Los Angeles on Feb. 9, 2007. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles)
AP Photo/Matt Sayles
A Los Angeles judge has dismissed a sexual battery charge against "Girls Gone Wild" founder Joe Francis because nobody is able to find the alleged victim.
The judge dismissed the misdemeanor count on Thursday after city prosecutors said they were unable to proceed because they had not seen or heard from the 18-year-old woman or an alleged witness.
Francis was accused of groping the woman's breasts and buttocks at a birthday party in Hollywood last year. The millionaire founder of the sex video empire could have faced up to six months in jail.
Photos: Curvy. No apologies.
His attorney, Mark Werksman, says his client never touched the girl and the case was based on lies and exaggerations.
© 2008 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.