Last Updated Nov 3, 2009 2:03 PM EST
John F. "Jack" Welch Jr., former chairman and CEO of General Electric, sold two adjacent vacant waterfront lots in North Palm Beach for $8.45 million to William C. Weldon, chairman and CEO of Johnson & Johnson, and his wife, Barbara D. Weldon of New Hope, Pa., according to a warranty deed filed Monday.The purchased lots are lovely. Here's a picture of them:
The lots are in a development called "Lost Tree Village." Here's the realtor's description:
Lost Tree Village consists of homes with ocean, intracoastal, golf course, and lake views with a boundary of MacArthur State Park to the south, the Atlantic Ocean to the east, Lake Worth to the west and Seminole Landing to the north.
Homes located on Lake Worth include the opportunity for deep-water private boat docks.The unfortunate coincidence betweem Weldon treating himself to a fancy beachfront resort and his ruining the lives of 8,000 of his colleagues has not gone unnoticed at J&J. There's already a thread fulminating on CafePharma. Sample quote:
* 24-hour manned private security, laser bar code access
* Private beach and Beach Club
* First rate health club facility
CEOs should forfeit all bonuses if company goals are not met and that includes lack of pipeline and restructures. You should not be able to take a dime when others are losing thier livelihood because of the poor decisions you made or were made on your clock.Here's a snapshot of the top five J&J execs' compensation:
- Name, 2008 pay, 2007 pay
- CEO William Weldon, 29.4 million, $30.6 million
- CFO Dominic Caruso, $3.9 million, $2.9 million
- WW chairman/pharma Christine Poon, $10 .4 million, $10.1 million
- General counsel Russell Deyo, $8 million, $9.1 million
- Colleen Goggins, $8.5 million, $7.9 million Numbers are rounded, includes stock and options whose value changes over time.
- J&J Layoffs: The Jobs That Are Safest and Those That Aren't
- J&J Q3: Duragesic Sales Down 20% Following Fentanyl Patch Death Warnings
- Pharma on Twitter: J&J Tweets the Most; Novartis Has Most Followers, Abbott Not Out of the Gate Yet
- Bausch & Lomb Japan Chairman Charged With Tax Evasion on $676K in J&J Options
- J&J Tinkers With Elan Deal, But It May Not Be Enough for Biogen
- AGP to Probe Undisclosed Industry Ties of Doc Who Recommends Antidepressants for 3-Year-Olds
- Zyrtec and Claritin's New Eye Drops Contain Neither Zyrtec Nor Claritin
- Drug Rep in $3B Procrit Case: "80% of My Sales Were Medicare Fraud"; Carried $400K in "Cash"
- J&J Q2: Domestic Strength Hides Long-Term Generic Threat