Espinoza said the boot cut jean is stepping aside to make way for the skinny jean, which can be tucked into boots. Although many people hear the words "skinny jeans" and are sure they will not look good on their bodies, Espinoza said the fitted cut is actually flattering.
Espinoza's tips for finding great jeans:
Some hot looks for fall:
1) Brown tall boots by J. Crew ($238), jeans by Gap ($58), maroon turtleneck by J. Crew ($38), blazer by Benetton ($139)
Espinoza called this the riding look: a very classic look with the riding boot. This look is not ideal for someone with full thighs because you're shortening your leg by stuffing your jeans into the boot and placing the emphasis on your upper thigh. This look is good for tall women with thin legs. Try and find a pair of jeans where you won't have any extra fabric at the knee or extra fabric above the boot.
2) Tan tall boots by Rafe ($525), dark Jeans by AG ($145), brown ruffle blouse by Banana Republic ($68)
This is a favorite look of Jennifer Aniston, who wants to look good but be comfortable. The boot also has a round toe and a wide, chunky heel, as opposed to less practical stilettos. Also, tan is a really hot color this season and can punch up a wardrobe.
3) Foldover boots by Calvin Klein ($200), black jeans by Express ($79.50), black and gray striped sweater by Calvin Klein jeans
With the foldover boot — a favorite of Beyonce — there is a risk of looking too much like a costume, so never wear them with ruffled blouses or you might look like a pirate. Wear these boots with one pop of color for a modern look. You could also not fold them over and wear them as thigh-high boots.
4) Black ankle platform boots by Steve Madden, trouser jeans by Diesel ($190), white blouse by Rebecca Taylor
For those who don't feel comfortable with skinny jeans, try this look. This boot has a round toe, which balances the silhouette better and is more proportional. A pointy toe would look too small with these jeans, which can be worn by all body types. Make sure they fit perfectly in the waist.
5) Moss green ankle boots by Lulu Guinness ($420), skinny jeans by Mavi ($88), blue/gray long sleeved T-shirt by Velvet, teal sweater by Benetton
This season, the '80s are coming back and so are ankle boots. Ankle boots are a good alternative to wearing heels in the winter because the foot is covered. Skinny jeans work really well with these boots because you can get cropped skinny jeans and show off the shoe, or let the jeans run over the boot and just have the toe peeking out.