Last Updated Jul 24, 2009 12:45 AM EDT
Harvard? No. Yale? No. In fact, you can forget all the Ivy League schools.
The paycheck honors belongs to Loma Linda (CA) University, a Seventh Day Adventist school, which educates a large number of students majoring in the health fields.
That was one of the intriguing results of an exhaustive annual survey conducted by PayScale, Inc., which examined salary data for 600 colleges and universities.
Curiously enough, only one Ivy League school -- Princeton University -- shows up among the top 10 colleges that produce graduates with the best paying jobs.
With the exception of Loma Linda, the schools that dominate the list graduate a heavy concentration of science and engineering majors. Here's the honor roll:
School Starting Salary
- Loma Linda University $71,400
- MIT $71,100
- Harvey Mudd College $71,000
- Calif. Institute of Technology $69,700
- Stanford University $67,500
- Carnegie Mellon University $65,300
- Princeton University $65,000
- Polytechnic University of NY $62,700
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute $62,500
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology $61,100
Loma Linda University image by James. CC 2.0.