crimesider

Charlie Sheen wants money for canceled episodes

UNIVERSAL CITY, CA - APRIL 19: Actor Charlie Sheen accepts the Future Classic Award for "Two and a Half Men" onstageonstage at the 7th Annual TV Land Awards held at Gibson Amphitheatre on April 19, 2009 in Unversal City, California. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Charlie Sheen Alberto E. Rodriguez

Charlie Sheen talks to "20/20" in an interview airing March 1, 2011.
ABC

(CBS/AP) NEW YORK -  Charlie Sheen's lawyer has reportedly fired off a letter to CBS and Warner Bros. Television, demanding that the actor be paid for the eight episodes remaining in the current season of "Two and a Half men" - the episodes that were canceled last week, according to CBS and production company Warner Bros. Television, because of Sheen's "statements, conduct and condition."

Pictures: Charlie Sheen dating pot queen

According to the letter from Sheen's lawyer released by RadarOnline.com:

This action is outrageous and in direct violation of our client's legal rights, including under the contract between our client and Warner Bros. Television with regard to Two and a Half Men...Our client is entitled to be paid for eight additional episodes under his contract on the Series.

The letter says that "Two and a Half Men" producer Chuck Lorre "disseminated outrageous insults and derogatory remarks" about the actor, and that Sheen simply responded to the "campaign of harrass[ment]." 

The letter also says Sheen is "clean and sober and was prepared to return to work two weeks ago."

Sheen said earlier that he plans to sue and wants a $1.2 million raise to return to the show.

A CBS Entertainment spokesperson has declined to comment on Sheen. CBS Entertainment and CBS News are owned by the same parent company.

Click here for complete coverage of Charlie Sheen on Crimesider.

Watch the CBSNews.com report here:

  • Kevin Hayes

Comments

Follow Us