Last Updated Apr 26, 2011 4:45 PM EDT
The Charlie Sheen 24-hour news cycle has turned into a cottage industry.
But it's a welcome reprieve from all the drama surrounding the star's firing yesterday from his hit CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men, the drugs, the adult film stars and the custody battles to learn that the man who claims to have "tiger blood" coursing through his veins is capable of doing something normal, like house hunting.
"Normal" is a relative word when discussing the acquisition of a $7,495,000 property, but if Mr. Sheen is doing little else right these days, he's got his eye on a genuine stunner.
Jade Mills, the Coldwell Banker Beverly Hills real estate agent to the stars, dubs the home, located on Clerendon Road, in Beverly Hills, California, the "crÃ¨me de la crÃ¨me" of the Mulholland Estates gated community. Featuring six bedrooms and eight bathrooms, this 9,020 square foot mansion is currently owned by Hollywood producer Mike Medavoy (Oscar-bait Black Swan).
The property sits atop a spacious half-acre lot and was recently renovated. The home boasts an open floor plan and a two-story entry with sweeping staircase that would do Scarlett O'Hara proud. Almost every room in the house offers a stunning view of the surrounding landscape.
The superior outdoor amenities are in keeping with the grandeur of the home's interior. An alfresco bar and kitchen create the perfect environment for entertaining. Two terraces, sweeping lawns, and a large gas-heated veranda offer room to roam, and the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors on those occasionally chilly California evenings.
This Mediterranean-style wonder is listed in pristine condition. Perhaps evidence that Charlie is looking to end his whirlwind media tour and rebuild a stable environment for his five children? That remains to be seen.
AOL Real Estate reports that Sheen is interested in the property "for ex-wife Denise Richards and may still be shopping for another place for ex-wife Brooke Mueller -- although that plan may be nixed since Mueller is now saying he threatened to 'cut off her head' and 'put it in a box.' "
Do you think Charlie Sheen is ready to settle down?
More on MoneyWatch:
- Elvis Presley's Beverly Hills Home Listed For Rent
- 2011 Grammy Winners Go House Hunting
- Ashton Kutcher Lists $2.6 Million Bachelor Pad On Zillow
- 10 Best Cities to Rent Rather Than Buy
- Million Dollar Dream Homes
- Jenny Craig's $9 Million Dream Home For Sale
- Home Improvement: Remodeling Projects with Biggest Payoff
- Most Expensive Apartment In The World?
- Most Expensive Housing Markets In America
- Top 5 Markets For Great Real Estate Deals
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Buy a $10 Million Home With Car Elevator
- Michael Jackson's Los Angeles Rental For Sale
- Dr. Phil Remembers The Alamo - and Buys $30 Million House to Prove It!
- Best Paint Colors For Every Room In Your House
- Real Housewife Star Teresa Giudice Becomes a Desperate Housewife in the Face of Bankruptcy
- Sandra Bullock's House For Sale In Orange County
- Cher's Home In Hawaii Up For Auction
- 12 Top Remodeling Trends for 2011
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.