Here's what we found, as of Monday afternoon. You can still take the poll. (See related links below.) Updated results will appear Tuesday.
What is your favorite Sinatra song?
- "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning:" 8%
- "Fly Me to the Moon:" 14%
- "Strangers in the Night:" 15%
- "New York, New York:" 24%
- "My Way:" 39%
What is the best Sinatra movie?
- On the Town, 1949: 7%
- From Here to Eternity, 1953: 53%
- The Man with the Golden Arm, 1955: 14%
- High Society, 1956: 15%
- Pal Joey, 1957: 12%
We also learned that Frank Sinatra's fans on the Internet who responded to the poll are:
- Under age 25: 17%
- Age 25 to 45: 25%
- Age 45 to 60: 33%
- Over 60: 14%
- Of those responding, 10% say they are not Sinatra fans.
Here are some of the write-in sentiments and reminiscences on Frank Sinatra:
- Frank Sinatra was simply the best!!"
- "I am 23 and first got hooked on listening to Sinatra my freshman year in high school. I now have 64 Sinatra compact discs. There is rarely a day that passes that I don't listen to one of his songs. The world has lost a great man, but he has left us so much."
- "He was a great singer that made a song sound like it came from his soul. I'm sure his music will live on for years to come."
- "He was just a singer, not a God!"
- "The adoration of Frank Sinatra is symptomatic of a society that glories fame, power at any price, and violence. Sinatra was a man who "Did it His Way", but in the process lived a life unworthy to be imitated, much less honored."