ANAHEIM, Calif. - A shooting on a Southern California freeway has left one person dead and another injured.
Anaheim police Lt. Bob Dunn says the shooting was reported shortly after 8 p.m. Monday on westbound state Route 91 in Orange County.
Televised reports show a white Ford F-150 pickup with the driver's window blown out. CBS Los Angeles reports there were four passengers inside the vehicle, two of which had suffered gunshot wounds.
The front seat passenger, 32-year-old Agustin Villegas, of Anaheim, was pronounced dead at the scene from a gunshot wound to the head, according to the station.
The driver, a 42-year-old man, was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries, reports the station.
Dunn says the two other people in the pickup - a 13-year-old and a 15-year-old weren't hit. He said all passengers in the pickup are related.
Authorities say the shots may have come from another vehicle.
"We don't know what precipitated this at all. It's simply just someone shooting, if they were shooting from a vehicle, if they were shooing from the side of the freeway, we don't know at this point, so we're hoping the public comes forward and helps us out," Dunn said, according to CBS Los Angeles.
Westbound lanes of the freeway had been closed, backing up traffic. All lanes were eventually opened.
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call Orange County Crimestoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.