Barbara Walters "disappointed" by Lindsay Lohan interview cancellation

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - OCTOBER 11: Actress Lindsay Lohan arrives at Mr. Pink Ginseng Drink Launch Party on October 11, 2012 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Valerie Macon/Getty Images) Valerie Macon

Barbara Walters isn't too pleased with Lindsay Lohan.

On "The View" Monday, the veteran journalist said she was "disappointed" that the actress canceled an interview with her and is instead sitting down with Jay Leno.

Walters explained that she traveled to Los Angeles last June to tape the first portion of her interview with Lohan, which was to air on "20/20." The second part of the interview was to have been taped last week, she added, but Lohan's new PR people called and said the actress "doesn't feel up to it."

Walters then found out that Lohan would be promoting her upcoming Lifetime movie, "Liz & Dick," on the "Tonight Show." She added that she would have liked "a more honest explanation" for why the 26-year-old canceled the interview.

"If they had said to me, 'You know, Barbara, she isn't up to the kinds of questions you might ask'... If they had told me that, I wouldn't feel quite as disappointed as I do today," Walters said.

But despite the snub, the journalist said she has no hard feelings for Lohan or Leno.

"I wish Lindsey the best. We would have done a wonderful interview. I hope she feels well," she said. "As far as Jay goes, I love Jay. More power to him."

Lohan's interview with Leno is set to air next week.

Watch Walters' full comments below:


  • Jessica Derschowitz

Comments