Last Updated Apr 26, 2011 4:49 PM EDT
Winning a Grammy award can do a lot more for one's career than simply provide evidence of peer appreciation. The increased media attention can lead to a boost in album sales, endorsement deals, movie roles and more.
Enhanced career opportunities means a larger income, which naturally means...house hunting!
Justin Bieber may have lost the coveted "Best New Artist" trophy, but the 16 year-old superstar, who currently lives with his mother and grandparents, appears ready to step out on his own.
The Biebs, who is worth an estimated $100 million, is rumored to be interested in a $1.7 million apartment in Westwood, Los Angeles. The 2,400 sq ft property boasts four bedrooms and three bathrooms, as well as an indoor heated swimming pool and spa. Perfect for the teenager looking for "Somebody to Love."
Lady Gaga, a bonafide cultural phenomenon who walked away with two statuettes for "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance" and "Best Pop Vocal Album," requires something with a bit more panache than your standard celebrity mansion.
To that end, the Fame Monster reportedly purchased Yester House, a 17th century mansion located in Scotland's East Lothian area. The 60-room home and 200-acre estate is one of the country's most expensive properties, including six bedrooms, a 1,300 square-foot ballroom and three kitchens.
Rap legend Eminem, the most nominated artist at Sunday night's ceremony with a total of 10 nods, is no stranger to property investment. The star owns two separate compounds in the Clinton Township suburb of Detroit, one of which serves as a tribute to teenage daughter Hailie.
Newly minted Grammy winners such as pop country crossover group Lady Antebellum, hipster rock phenoms Arcade Fire and "Best New Artist" spoiler Esmerelda Spalding may be ready to acquire digs befitting their new positions as part of the musical elite. Hollywood real estate agents: get those listings ready!
Where would you buy a home if you became rich and famous overnight?
More on MoneyWatch:
- Ashton Kutcher Lists $2.6 Million Bachelor Pad On Zillow
- 10 Best Cities to Rent Rather Than Buy
- Million Dollar Dream Homes
- Jenny Craig's $9 Million Dream Home For Sale
- Home Improvement: Remodeling Projects with Biggest Payoff
- Most Expensive Apartment In The World?
- Most Expensive Housing Markets In America
- Top 5 Markets For Great Real Estate Deals
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Buy a $10 Million Home With Car Elevator
- Michael Jackson's Los Angeles Rental For Sale
- Dr. Phil Remembers The Alamo - and Buys $30 Million House to Prove It!
- Best Paint Colors For Every Room In Your House
- Real Housewife Star Teresa Giudice Becomes a Desperate Housewife in the Face of Bankruptcy
- Sandra Bullock's House For Sale In Orange County
- Cher's Home In Hawaii Up For Auction
- 12 Top Remodeling Trends for 2011
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.