Last Updated Oct 31, 2011 8:49 AM EDT
Here are 10 signs that your HR department has been taken over by Zombies.
- When you get your open enrollment form, there are only questions about how fresh your brain is.
- Instead of making annual, measurable performance goals, you have performance ghouls. (From Twitter user librarymary40.)
- Exit interviews no longer take place in the HR office but in an out-of-the-way warehouse. (From blogger commenter Dani.)
- Ever since your company initiated that intern program for students from all over the world, your HR rep has been over the moon about international cuisine. (From blogger commenter Dani.)
- They are always offering training classes guaranteed to "expand your brain."
- Casual Friday dress code includes blood. (From Twitter user librarymary40.)
- People always seem to "quit" while they are on "business trips" and you never see them again.
- Core business hours are changed from 9:00 to 5:00 to Dusk to Dawn.
- When searching for top talent, recruiters pay special attention to braaaaains. (From Twitter user trudyrushforth.)
- When death (yours) is no longer an acceptable reason for absence.
For further reading:
- Why Lying is a Career Killer
- My Boss is Trying to Kill Me
- What Can a Company Do With a Dangerous Employee?