So David Evangelista demonstrates on The Early Show how to make the perfect chignon, an easy, chic style that can be worn anywhere, from the beach to the boardroom.
The following are the steps:
- Part your hair with comb any way you desire - middle, side, zig-zag, straight back, etc.
- Tease hair sllightly in the back.
- Pull hair back into a low ponytail, near the nape of the neck
- Split ponytail in half. Take the comb and tease the two sections of hair you split.
- Take one of the sections and smooth out with a brush. Twist under and secure with a large bobby pin.
- Repeat step 4 with the other side.
- Smooth down stray hairs with a toothbrush
- Finish with a hairspray, pomade, serum, etc.
Note: Hair accessories like fresh flowers or brooches can be added to give the hairdo some style or a glam look for evening.