There are fresh revelations this morning in the phone hacking scandal that led to the shutdown of the Rupert Murdoch tabloid News of the World.
Sky News is reporting that the premises of the News of the World are about to be designated a crime scene; and the Guardian alleges that millions of e-mails may have been deleted from the company account - emails that would have been crucial to a police investigation.
CBS News correspondent Elizabeth Palmer reports that since noon Friday, three people have been arrested: Clive Goodman, once the paper's royals editor; another man believed to be a private investigator; and Andy Coulson, a former NOTW editor who became the British Prime Minister's press adviser. He was allowed to go home again after questioning.
"There's an awful lot I'd like to say, but I can't," Coulson told reporters.
Media magnate Rupert Murdoch - who also controls Fox News and the Wall Street Journal - will arrive in London today to take charge personally of the damage control. His British CEO, Rebekah Brooks, who was editor of the News of the World at the time of the alleged hacking, has not been arrested.
She spoke to the soon-to-be-unemployed staff at the tabloid on Friday, and hinted there was more dirt to come.
"Eventually it will come out why things went wrong and who is responsible, and that will be another very, very difficult moment for the company," Brooks said.
Back in 2005, Prince William's aides realized that the News of the World must have learned some personal details by hacking into his voice mails. Slowly it emerged that other celebrities had been hit, but the larger investigation stalled.
Yesterday, British Prime Minister David Cameron said it wasn't just foot-dragging by the police:
"The truth is, to coin a phrase, we've all been in this together - the press, politicians, and leaders of all the parties, yes, including me," Cameron told a press conference.
While the News of the World will print its last edition tomorrow, the fallout from this affair has just begun. On the business side, a multi-billion dollar takeover bid by the Murdoch family of a huge satellite television operation in Britain, BSkyB, has already been delayed and it could be in serious trouble.