Sleeping on Your Side or Face
More magazine conducted a study on beauty and women and found that two out of three women have problems with wrinkles. Believe or not, the way you sleep matters. Sleeping on your face not only etches wrinkles but fluid pools on the side of the face that press against the pillow stretch out your skin.
• Avoid sleep-induced wrinkles by training yourself to sleep on your back.
• If you cannot do it, you can also buy certain pillows that make you sleep on your back, like this one: Therapeutica Sleeping Pillow ($79, Therapeutica.com), they carry in price by size. This cradles your head and neck to make it easier for you to sleep on your back.
Drinking Straws & Not Hydrating/Protecting Your Lips
The puckering process of drinking out of a straw leads to fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Face cream is essential but often times are lips get neglected; therefore, try:
• Anti-Aging Lipstick: L'Oreal Colour Riche Anti-Aging Serum Lipstick (5 different shades sent) $10; Available in drugstores.
Logging too much time on your laptop/iPhone/BlackBerry
The study also found that that one-in-four women are concerned about crow's feet. Logging too much time on your computer is actually making you strain your eyes and contributes to the development of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes. Have no fear ladies, there are a few things we can do to avoid this:
• Increase the font size to a minimum of at least 12 point! A good way to gauge this is to think about the size of font of a children's book.
• You can also buy a anti-glare screen protector: Moshi iVisor Anti-Reflective Screen Protector ($33, Amazon.com)
Eyeliner & Application
Most women swear by eyeliner to make their eyes stand out. But certain ways of applying it, can cause wrinkles. The skin around your eyes is so sensitive, that you want to ensure you are not stretching the skin by pulling your lid down too hard. Even certain pencils or liquid liners can be to rough. When selecting a pencil, be sure to look for soft or crayon tips, as they tend to not pull down the lid. You can also try cream or powder eyeliner that is applied with a brush.
• Shiseido Accentuating Cream Eyeliner $26, available at department stores nationwide or at sca.shiseido.com.
Sunglasses without Proper U.V. Protection
Sunglasses and proper skin protection are key to avoiding wrinkles around your eyes. Be sure to buy sunglasses that have proper UV-coding. In addition, be sure to wear an eye cream with SPF.
• Neutrogena Healthy Skin, Brightening Eye Perfector SPF25 ($14, available at drugstores).