Last Updated May 2, 2010 8:58 AM EDT
While most homeowners want their properties listed in the local multiple listing service in order to get the maximum amount of publicity, TMZ is reporting that Bullock and James have asked their Realtor (Chuck Buscemi of First Team Real Estate) not to list the property on the MLS. Instead, the house will be shown privately to prequalified buyers.
(Interestingly, just about all of the "featured listings" on the First Team Real Estate Website are priced at more than a million dollars, and one listing is priced at $7.4 million. Even more telling, most of the "featured listings" have have "sold" signs.)
No need to wonder whether Bullock will have to quickly find a place to live. Bullock is said to own houses in a number of cities, including New York, New Orleans, Jackson Hole, Tybee Island, Ga., Austin, Tx., and Montpelier, Vt. Her new son is named Louis (for famed trumpeter Louis Armstrong) and Bullock told People Magazine that he is from the Big Easy, and that New Orleans will be a big part of his growing up. (Click for photos.)
- 90210s Brian Austin Green is Delinquent On His Mortgage, Too
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Finally Sell Their Starter Home
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Can't Sell Their House Either
- Joan Rivers House Looks Better Than She Does
- Cher's Home In Hawaii Up For Auction
- 11 Kitchen And Bath Trends For 2010
- Who Bought Hugh Hefner And Playboy Wife Kim's House For $18 Million?
- What Can You Buy For $950,000?
- What Can You Buy For $625,000?
- What Can You Buy For $250,000?
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com.