COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. -- Crews were on the scene of a potential gas leak in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, reports CBS Philly.
About 150 people were evacuated after a strong odor of gas was detected in Skippack Township.
Officials were searching for the source of the odor.
The Associated Press reports a fire chief told WPVI-TV in Philadelphia that crews recorded high readings of hydrogen cyanide in about 100 homes. Chief Haydn Marriott told the station they didn't think the odor actually was hydrogen cyanide. Reports of the noxious smell started coming in at about 7 p.m. Sunday.
The Red Cross was assisting the evacuated residents, who were brought to Skippack Elementary School until the situation was brought under control.