Microwaved Squid Stench Sickens Nevadans
In this photo released by Tasmania Parks and Wildlife Service, a giant squid is seen after it washed up onto Ocean Beach in Strahan, Tasmania, Tuesday, July, 10. 2007. The squid, measuring 1 meter (3 feet) across at its widest point and 8 meters (26 feet) from the tip of its body to the end of its tentacles, was found early Wednesday by a beachcomber at Ocean Beach on the island state of Tasmania's west coast.
AP Photo/Tazmania Parks Service
Reno police say a squid left cooking in microwave is the suspected culprit of noxious fumes that left two apartment dwellers queasy.
Authorities don't know if the squid was put in the microwave as a prank or act of cruelty when they found it Sunday night.
But they believe the squishy cephalopod was stuck in the microwave by burglars and left to cook in a communal kitchen.
Two residents made ill by the fumes were treated at a hospital.
Police were still investigating Monday.
© 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.