Microwaved Squid Stench Sickens Nevadans
Reno police say a squid left cooking in microwave is the suspected culprit of noxious fumes that left two apartment dwellers queasy.
Authorities don't know if the squid was put in the microwave as a prank or act of cruelty when they found it Sunday night.
But they believe the squishy cephalopod was stuck in the microwave by burglars and left to cook in a communal kitchen.
Two residents made ill by the fumes were treated at a hospital.
Police were still investigating Monday.
© 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.