Submission Terms and Conditions
The Early Show is looking for a family in need of a makeover! Our team of experts will show one lucky family of viewers how a few simple lifestyle changes can make them happier, healthier, and wiser!
Interested? Just register and submit a video explaining how we can help you and your loved ones reach your full potential!
The chosen family will be introduced to America on The Early Show and appear in several segments over the course of a month. Early Show experts in a variety of areas will travel to your home and/or work to make you better in everything from finance to fashion. It's an opportunity that could change your life!
In order to participate and to submit a video explaining why your family should receive the makeover ("Video"), you must meet the following requirements:
(i) Be a family comprised of at least three (3) members and a maximum of six (6) members who are either related to the other members as immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses) or are members of the same household (whether or not related) - each sometimes considered a "Family Member" and/or "Entrant" and collectively called the "Family".
(ii) Be a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and reside and be physically located in one of those jurisdictions; and
(iii) Employees, officers, directors (and members of their immediate families [spouse, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside] or households, whether or not related) of The Early Show, CBS Broadcasting Inc. and CBS News Inc. (sometimes collectively called "CBS"), any person or entity connected with the review and evaluation of the Videos submitted and any person or entity connected with the production of The Early Show programs and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, licensees, agents, attorneys, independent contractors and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate.
In addition, the Entrant who registers and submits his/her Family's Video hereby irrevocably grants to CBS and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, unconditional and transferable right and license to copyright (as applicable), reproduce, encode, store, modify, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), the Entrant's name, address, image, voice, likeness, statements, biographical material and Video materials ("Family Materials"), as well as any additional photographic images, video images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to the Entrant and arising out of his/her participation (with or without using the Entrant's name) (in each case, as submitted or as edited/modified in any way, whether by CBS, its licensees, or assigns, in CBS' sole discretion) in any media, format or medium now known or hereafter developed throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from the Entrant or any other party, except as prohibited by law.
HOW TO REGISTER:
To participate, a Family Member (who must be at least 13 years of age) who desires to submit a Video must log on to www.earlyshow.cbsnews.com (the "Website"), go to the "Early Family Makeover" page (i.e., the Site), register and complete the submission form, attach his/her Family's Video and click "Submit." As part of the registration process, Entrants will be required to click where indicated to signify that they have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these Submission Terms and Conditions, including the decisions of CBS, which is final and binding in all respects. Limit one (1) registration and Video submission (collectively sometimes called a "Family Submission") per Family. Any individual who attempts to register, or in the sole discretion of CBS is suspected of registering more than once, by any means, including but not limited to establishing multiple e-mail accounts will be disqualified and his/her Family will be disqualified from participating.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO:
Make a Video and either upload it to the Website above OR mail it in VHS, Mini DV or DVD format to:
The Early Show
Early Family Makeover
524 West 57th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10019
All Videos must be received no later than 11:59 PM ET, July 9, 2010.
Videos will be accepted during the submission period (i.e., May 24 2010 until 11:59 PM ET, July 9, 2010), and each Entrant who has successfully registered will have the opportunity to submit a Video (i.e., a recording up to three (3) minutes in length of his/her Family. The Entrant must follow the online instructions or send his/her Video to the address listed above (the Video must be formatted according to the requirements set forth at the Website and in the Video Requirements Summary below.
Any Video received that exceeds three (3) minutes in length or that contains sound recordings or musical works, lyrics or any intellectual property which is not original to and owned by one or more of the Family Members will be disqualified or not considered. Entry of false or misleading information by any Entrant or failure to comply with these Submission Terms and Conditions will be grounds for disqualification of the Family Submission at the sole discretion of CBS. Family Submissions which CBS deems in its sole discretion to be sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, offensive, illegal, pornographic, obscene, in bad taste, or which otherwise may reflect unfavorably on CBS are not eligible and will be disqualified.
Each Family Submission must be submitted by the Entrant (i.e., one of the Family Members who also appears in the Video and who registered the Family at the Website). CBS is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected or delayed Family Submissions; any computer, telephone, wireless phone, cable, network, satellite, electronic, or Internet hardware or software malfunctions; unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of a Family Submission or other information, or the failure to capture such information. All Family Submissions become the property of CBS and will not be acknowledged or returned.
(b) Video Requirements Summary. Each Video must:
1. explain why your Family should receive the makeover;
2. be no longer than three (3) minute in total running time;
3. be in the following format AVI, MOV, WMV, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, and MP4;
4. be in English;
5. be delivered by uploading the Video to the Website or by mailing a VHS or DVD formatted Video to the address set forth above;
6. not include any person other than the Entrant and the other Family Members (minimum of three (3) Family Members and maximum of six (6) Family Members);
7. not infringe any third party's rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy or trade secret and, must not in any way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
8. be suitable for display and publication on national television and not contain any content or performance that is sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, offensive, illegal, pornographic, obscene, in bad taste, or which is otherwise objectionable to CBS, in its sole discretion;
9. not contain libelous or otherwise defamatory statements (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a particular race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group);
10. not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace;
11. not include thoughts, ideas, lyrics, music, sound recordings, video works, audio-visual works or any creative element other than the performance of the musical composition with lyrics original to, created and owned by one or more of the Family Members; and
12. must not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service or contains or references any third party names, logos, service marks, trademarks, trade names or trade dress (including on any clothing worn by the Family Members appearing in the Video).
All Videos will be reviewed by The Early Show for content and compliance with these Submission Terms and Conditions before being published or further considered; however, such review does not relieve Entrant from responsibility for compliance with these Submission Terms and Conditions. Family Submissions that do not comply with these Submission Terms and Conditions or that otherwise contain prohibited, or inappropriate content as determined by CBS, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be published or further considered.