Last Updated Apr 26, 2011 9:23 PM EDT
Just weeks after putting his Beverly Hills home on the market for $16.5 million, Dr. Phil McGraw and his wife have bought a new place, and it bears a striking resemblance to an American landmark.
Sure Dr. Phil is from Texas, but this seems a bit extreme.
Perhaps the good doctor is channeling Davy Crockett these days and just needed a home to match.
If that's the case he's got the perfect Alamo replica, granted this one has five bedrooms, nine full bathrooms (plus two half baths) and 15,000 square feet.
The house sits on three acres and also features a detached guest house, gorgeous pool and lighted tennis court.
The house is an upgrade in space, view and price. McGraw's wife Robin, a home decorator, will surely have fun decorating this place.
Which do you like better his previous house, a Mediterranean-style estate, or the twice as expensive Alamo-esque property?
Just as proof that the similarity is a bit uncanny, here's a picture of the real Alamo.
- Real Housewife Star Teresa Giudice Becomes a Desperate Housewife in the Face of Bankruptcy
- Sandra Bullock's House For Sale In Orange County
- Dr. Phil's House For Sale in Beverly Hills
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Finally Sell Their Starter Home
- Jon and Kate Plus 8 Can't Sell Their House Either
- Joan Rivers House Looks Better Than She Does
- Cher's Home In Hawaii Up For Auction
- 11 Kitchen And Bath Trends For 2010
- Who Bought Hugh Hefner And Playboy Wife Kim's House For $18 Million?
- What Can You Buy For $950,000?
- What Can You Buy For $625,000?
- What Can You Buy For $250,000?
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.