Chris Brown, Frank Ocean assault case closed

A sheriff's spokesman says an investigation into an alleged physical altercation between Chris Brown and Frank Ocean will soon be closed without any charges being filed.

Steve Whitmore, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, says investigators will speak with Ocean before officially closing the case, but the agency is unlikely to pursue a misdemeanor battery charge against Brown.

Ocean has accused Brown of hitting him during an argument outside a West Hollywood recording studio last month, but wrote on the social media site TumblrSaturday that he wanted the matter closed. Ocean's post stated he did not want Brown prosecuted and he had no intentions of filing a civil lawsuit.

Brown remains on probation for his 2009 assault against Rihanna and is scheduled to appear in court for a progress hearing Wednesday.

Comments

Watch CBSN Live

Watch CBS News anytime, anywhere with the new 24/7 digital news network. Stream CBSN live or on demand for FREE on your TV, computer, tablet, or smartphone.

Watch Now

New Android App

For your Android phone and tablet, download the FREE redesigned app, featuring CBSN, live 24/7 news.

Download
The all new
CBS News App for Android® for iPad® for iPhone®
Fully redesigned. Featuring CBSN, 24/7 live news. Get the App