crimesider

Chicago Park Shooting Update: Fifth person charged in mass shooting that wounded 13

David Logan
Chicago Police via CBS Chicago
(CBS) CHICAGO - A fifth man has been charged in connection with a shooting last week at a Chicago park that left 13 people wounded, including a three-year-old boy, reports CBS Chicago.

PICTURES: Lives lost to violence in Chicago

David Logan, 22, of Chicago, was reportedly ordered held without bail Saturday. He was arrested last Wednesday and charged with unlawful use of a weapon and obstructing justice, police said.

The mass shooting at Cornell Square Park occurred about 45 minutes before the park's 11 p.m. curfew on Sept. 19.

Logan is one offive men arrestedin connection with the mass shooting.

Tabari Young and Brad Jett, both 22, Bryon "Lord" Champ, 21, and Kewane Gatewood, 20, each face three counts of attempted murder and three counts of aggravated battery with a firearm.

They were each ordered held without bail.

Prosecutors said Champ and Young used an AK-47 and a .22-caliber revolver to fire into the crowd at the park.

Prosecutors say the shooting was an act of revenge for a minor graze wound Champ suffered several hours earlier in a quarrel with gang rivals.

Police have said some of the victims in the park were members of the Gangster Disciples street gang and the shooters were suspected of being affiliated with the Black P Stones gang.

Complete coverage of the Chicago park shooting on Crimesider

  • Crimesider Staff

Comments

Follow Us

Watch CBSN Live

Watch CBS News anytime, anywhere with the new 24/7 digital news network. Stream CBSN live or on demand for FREE on your TV, computer, tablet, or smartphone.