NEW YORK (CBS) Former New York Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger, who accused veteran NFL quarterback Brett Favre of sending her sexually explicit messages, secretly met with the NFL commissioner less than two weeks before Favre was hit with a $50,000 for not cooperating with the league's investigation, according to a report.
In a case which she described as "David vs. Goliath," Sterger told Commissioner Roger Goodell that he was "delusional" if he believed the accusations against Favre were "isolated," her lawyer Joesph Conway told The New York Post.
In October, Gawker sports blog DeadSpin released voice mails and sent lewd photos they say Favre sent to Sterger when they both were employed by the New York Jets in 2008.
During the meeting Sterger told Goodell that she didn't come forward with her story earlier because she felt "the results would have been the same," reports the Post. Goodell reportedly claimed he wasn't in a battle against Sterger but said he needed "answers," to which Sterger replied, "I gave you answers over a month ago!" reports the paper.
Favre, 41, was ultimately punished not for the alleged text and phone messages, but for not cooperating with the league's investigation. Sports Illustrated's Peter King said the league ultimately decided not to suspend Favre because it couldn't prove the photos - some of which included pictures of a penis - were from Favre, or were even of Favre.
On Tuesday, two former massage therapists for the Jets, Christina Scavo and Shannon O'Toole, filed a lawsuit against Favre and the Jets claiming they too were victims of sexual harassment.
The harassment suit claims Favre sought to have group sex with Scavo and an unnamed third therapist.
So far, Favre and the NFL have said nothing about the lawsuit.