crimesider

Boos for booze: Restaurant in Wales sorry for serving alcohol to child

Whiskey (Sk8geek/Flickr)

Whiskey and 2-year-olds really shouldn't mix; restaurant in Wales regrets the serving error
Sk8geek/Flickr
(CBS/AP) LONDON - A 2-year-old is recovering from a premature encounter with alcohol, and the restaurant that served it to him says it regrets the error.

The BBC reported that little Sonny Rees was taken to a hospital emergency room after drinking whiskey at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea, Wales.

Sonny's mom said the boy was clearly intoxicated. She said she tasted his drink after noticing that he was making a funny face. At the hospital, the staff monitored Sonny's vital signs and later gave him the all-clear.

The Frankie and Benny's chain said Thursday it was extremely sorry for Saturday's incident, calling it a case of human error, and said it's looking into what systems need to be put in place to ensure that it does not happen again.

Comments

Follow Us

Watch CBSN Live

Watch CBS News anytime, anywhere with the new 24/7 digital news network. Stream CBSN live or on demand for FREE on your TV, computer, tablet, or smartphone.

Watch Now
The all new
CBS News App for Android® for iPad® for iPhone®
Fully redesigned. Featuring CBSN, 24/7 live news. Get the App