Beyonce returns to the stage one day after canceling concert

Beyonce performs during the halftime show of the NFL Super Bowl XLVII football game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens, Feb. 3, 2013, in New Orleans. AP Photo/Matt Slocum

Beyonce was back on stage Wednesday, performing a concert in Antwerp, Belgium, a day after she canceled a show in the same city on the advice of her doctors.

The "Countdown" singer pulled the plug on her Tuesday concert after doctors advised her to rest due to dehydration and exhaustion. She apologized in a handwritten noteposted on her website, saying: "I've never postponed a show in my life. It was very hard for me...I'm feeling much better now and I'm ready to give you a great show."

And that's what she did Wednesday, taking the stage at the Sportpaleis arena and letting fans know she was glad to be back.

"I just have to say, I feel so good to be on this stage," she said during a break between songs, as seen in the video below. "I have the best fans in the world."

"My doctors told me not to perform tonight, but there was no way in the world," the 31-year-old added. "I just have to say that you all have given me so much inspiration. And I just want to thank you guys."

Beyonce's "The Mrs. Carter Show" world tour kicked off last month in Belgrade, Serbia. It wraps Aug. 5 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.

Comments

Watch CBSN Live

Watch CBS News anytime, anywhere with the new 24/7 digital news network. Stream CBSN live or on demand for FREE on your TV, computer, tablet, or smartphone.