Last Updated Jan 24, 2011 8:58 AM EST
That sort of behavior isn't super common, though, is it? Maybe more so than you thought. It's surprisingly easy to fake a call on your cell phone. Here's some evidence:
- wikiHow has an article dedicated to making your cell phone ring as if it had an incoming call.
- Recently, Gizmodo discovered that Samsung includes instructions on how to simulate an incoming phone call.
- There are no fewer than a dozen iPhone apps designed to fake incoming calls, like the free Fake-A-Call.
- Here's now to fake a call on a Blackberry.
- Indeed, a simple Web search for "fake incoming call" can return instructions or apps for virtually any phone you're likely to find in your conference room.
So what does all this mean? For starters, perhaps you should ban phones in meeting rooms. What are your experiences with meeting avoidance via cell phone? Sound off in the comments.