Last Updated Jun 2, 2011 3:19 PM EDT
I usually read two or three books a week. I have a stack of "to read" books next to my chair, in my bedroom, and in the bathroom. My wife jokes that I keep Amazon.com in business. Everything I read is non-fiction and usually related to marketing, entrepreneurship, investing/finance, or personal development. Most of the books I read are just okay. I'll skim them and maybe pick up a good idea or two. But once in awhile a book will come along that I will read every word of every page because it is that good. TJ Walker has written one of those books.
I don't care who you are or what you do, you will benefit from reading TJ Walker's Secret to Foolproof Presentations. Why? Whether you are an executive that has to speak to your employees, part of your homeowner's association board, a student that has to present your research findings, or homeless and trying to convince people to give you their spare change, you need to know how to effectively communicate your ideas.
Answer truthfully . . . what percent of presentations nearly put you to sleep? For me, it's close to 95%. Once in awhile a presenter will surprise me and deliver good content effectively. If you want to be part of that elite group of people who can deliver a memorable and persuasive presentation, read TJ's book.
He uses a Q&A format to answer such questions as:
- How can I get over stage fright or nervousness?
- Should I rehearse, and for how long?
- How many points should I cover in my presentation?
- How do I use humor?
- Should I use PowerPoint or other technology to enhance my presentation?
- How do I remember what to say in a presentation?
- What should I do with my hands?
- How do I get ride of my "ums" and "uhs"?
- What is the single biggest difference between great speakers and average speakers?
- Any many others...
Download your free copy of TJ Walker's Secret to Foolproof Presentations and use some of your other 8 hours to boost your presentation skills and confidence. It will be time well invested.
Are you ready to create more money, time, energy, and passion in your life? Learn how to live your best life now with these free resources:
Get the "Achieving Peak Performance" ebook and video now!
(free for a limited time)
You can also join a community of passionate people at Richer Life who want to achieve more in life and at work. With your free membership, you can participate in conversations I have with experts, celebrities, authors, and thought leaders that are laser-focused on practical ways to drive more money, motivation, and meaning into your life. Take the first step toward creating a better life by joining Richer Life for free now!
- 50 Hours Later: Filling the American Idol Void
- Are You a Loser if You Don't Have New Year's Resolutions?
- The Real Tragedy of M. Jackson's Death