Try the following recipes for Nectarine-Blue Cheese Salad, Peaches Foster, and more.
Grilled Basil Rubbed Pork Chops with Nectarine-Blue Cheese Salad and Toasted Pignoli Nuts
4 center-cut boneless pork chops
8 basil leaves
Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill or grill pan over high heat. Rub each side of the pork chop with a basil leaf, brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes per side or until slightly charred and just cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and loosely tent with foil.
Grilled Nectarine Salad
4 nectarines, slightly under ripe, halved and pitted
1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons honey
8 basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
1/4 cup pignoli nuts, toasted
Coarsely ground black pepper
- Heat grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush cut-side of the nectarines with oil and place on the grill, cut-side down.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and caramelized. Turn over and grill for 1-2 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Remove from the grill and top each half with a tablespoon of the blue cheese.
- Drizzle with honey and garnish with basil, pinenuts and a sprinkling of the black pepper.
4 large slightly under ripe peaches, halved and pitted
1/2 stick unsalted butter
6 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup bourbon
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
Garnish: chopped toasted pecans
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat, then stir in brown sugar and cook until melted.
- Add peaches, cut side down and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn over and continue cooking until just soft. Remove peaches to a plate.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the bourbon. Using a long lit match, ignite the rum and allow the flames to subside.
- Stir in the cinnamon, and salt. Serve over scoops of ice cream or top with whipped cream or crème fraiche.