½ cup real maple syrup
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon arrowroot
2 tablespoons tahini
2 ½ cups pecans
Blend wet ingredients. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust. Bake 25 minutes at 350.
Chef Ann Cooper's Winter Squash Soup
Berkeley Unified School District
31 ¼ gallons winter squash (cubed)
5 gallons and 3 ¼ cups red onions (chopped)
1 ¼ gallons and ¾ cups celery (chopped)
31 ¼ gallons municipal water
3 quarts and 3 ¾ cups parsley (chopped)
3 ¼ cups and 2 tbsp kosher salt
2 quarts and 2 ½ cups maple syrup
3 ¾ gallons and 2 ½ cups dried pumpkin and squash seed kernels
1. Put the squash, onions and celery in a large soup pot.
2. Add water and stir in salt and 2/3 of the parsley.
3. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes, until vegetables are very tender.
5. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
6. Transfer the soup to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. This may have to be done in batches.
7. Return the soup to the pot and reheat gently.
8. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding the maple syrup for a sweeter tasting soup.
9. Place the seeds in a dry skillet and sauté over medium heat until the seeds begin to brown and pop, about 3 minutes.
10. Garnish soup with the remaining parsley leaves and seeds, and serve at once.