Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
Monday marks the 80th anniversary of the Justice Department's offer of a $10,000 reward for the arrest of serial bank robber John Dillinger, who died in a shootout one month later.
- On the trail of Dillinger ("Sunday Morning," 2009)
- Famous Cases & Criminals: John Dillinger (fbi.gov)
- John Dillinger: Public Enemy No. 1
Tuesday sees an auction of rock and roll artifacts, including Bob Dylan's handwritten lyrics for "Like a Rolling Stone," expected to go for $1 million or more.
- Bob Dylan's original working autograph manuscript of "Like A Rolling Stone" at Sothebys, June 24
Wednesday is the official "summer birthday" of children's book character Paddington Bear (who also celebrates a "winter birthday" on December 25th).
Thursday sees the start of RIMPAC 2014 -- the Rim of the Pacific naval exercises -- off the Hawaiian Islands, involving ships from the United States and 22 other countries.
- RIMPAC 2014 (navy.mil)
Friday is Day One for what's billed as THE world's largest block party, in Chicago, in support of Old St. Pat's Church and its social programs.
- worldslargestblockparty.com, Chicago, June 27-28
For tickets to the World Largest Block Party click here
- Old St. Patrick's Church, Chicago
And on Saturday, the summer music season opens at Tanglewood in Massachusetts with a live radio broadcast of "A Prairie Home Companion," hosted by Garrison Keillor.
- "A Prairie Home Companion at Tanglewood" (bso.org)
- "A Prairie Home Companion" station and airtimes listing
- Boston Symphony Orchestra at Tanglewood
A further look ahead, to the upcoming Fourth of July holiday weekend and beyond:
Henerson Sauerkraut Days
June 27-29, 2014
Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo
Halifax, Nova Scotia
July 1-8, 2014
Buffalo Bill Cody Stampede
July 1-August 31, 2014
33rd Annual Boston Harborfest 2014
July 2-6, 2014
National Independence Day Parade
July 4, 2014
Gettysburg National Civil War Battle Reenactment
July 4-6, 2014
National Cherry Festival
Traverse City, Mich.
July 5-12, 2014