- Las Vegas, Nevada, where 61 percent of all real estate sales were distressed property
- Riverside, California, 59 percent of real estate sales were distressed
- Phoenix, Arizona, 53 percent of real estate sales were distressed
- Sacramento, California, 51 percent of real estate sales were distressed
- Orlando, Florida, 50 percent of real estate sales were distressed
What else will help home buyers and investors? According to the press release accompanying the report:
"Negative equity rates will also be a major factor slowing the housing recovery, with nearly one in four homeowners under water and most of those borrowers unable to sell their homes."And of course, today's news from RealtyTrac is that foreclosures have reached a new record for the third time in five months.
There could be as many as 12 million more foreclosures coming down the pipeline over the next few years.
Buyers, get your down payments ready - great real estate deals abound in every market.
- Loan Modification Hell: New Solutions To Avoid Losing Your Home
- Unemployed Borrowers Might Get Help From New HAMP Program
- Loan Modification Hell: The Horror Stories Continue
- Loan Modification Hell: Income Requirements for New HAMP Rules
- Want A Loan Modification? The New HAMP Rules For Trial Loan Mods Start June 1
- Gulf Coast Homeowners Get Relief From Foreclosures and Mortgage Payments
- Real Estate Values: Does Your Home Value Matter If You're Not Selling Or Refinancing?
- Mortgage Rates Hit Record Low While Purchase Applications Plummet
- Mortgage Interest Rates Could Hit Rock Bottom Today
- Strategic Defaults Increasing As Homeowners Choose Not To Pay Their Mortgage
- Foreclosure Coming? Perhaps You Should Bulldoze Your House
- Are You In Loan Modification Hell? Join The Club
- Underwater? Maybe You Should Walk Away from Your Mortgage
- Will.i.am Saves Two Families From Foreclosure
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.