Last Updated Nov 28, 2008 3:28 PM EST
- Make sure the firm respects women by seeing just how many woman are on the board and in other leadership spots and ask about policies such as maternity leave.
- Spot "alpha" males who have a "get it done" mentality versus "beta" males who work more collaboratively.
- Find an experienced female mentor either within the corporation or in an outside group.
- Drop the "I'm sorry" bit from your vocuabulary since women seemed trained to apologize unnecessarily.
- Socialize with your male co-workers.
- Never assume stereotypical roles such as fetching coffee or cleaning up after others.